Monday, June 22, 2015

Call me MAORI

My very first piece of sketch - inspired by my first love, Walter.

I love to draw since I was a little. It help me to express my feeling . Walter, my first love was the first person who inspired me to sketch something when he found out my talent. So he asked me to draw something about him . Well, maybe you guys expect something romantic but it's not. He is more like a tutor for me than a lover.


The first sketch of Mix Polynesian Maori Tattoo.

I still remember a friend of mine, Mark from Philippines who is very excellent in illustration art and sculpture making said, " Your art defined your personality." And yes, it does make sense. I draw what I feel. I expressed my feelings through drawings. Every inch of sketch is the symbol of my feelings, my emotions and my passion towards art.

During my college time, I was exposed to Maori Tattoo. Maybe because the environment in where I studying my college. Near to my college there is an old street or better known as the oldest street in Kota Kinabalu - Gaya Street. Also one of the tourist spot- lots of backpackers, hotels, italian foods and chinese cuisine. There was an afternoon while I'm having my lunch, I saw a Europian guy full of tattoos. I'm attracted to it and wonder what kind of tattoo was that then found out it called as - Maori.

I began to practice it. Search as much pictures as I can. But every art had it own story. HISTORY. So that you will understand it. What is the meaning of the Tattoo. Its a Polynesian Tribe Culture and we should respect it.

Well, these are some of my drawings and give me your comments. :)






My second Sketch of Maori for my Nokia Lumia 920 cover







No comments:

Post a Comment